高一上 英文 三民版 Unit 2
1. My younger sister c_____t into her room secretly because she was afraid that Mom would be mad at what she did yesterday.
2. We have to revise our proposal i_____ly in order to send it to our manager before he attends a meeting with one of our customers at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon.
3. It is really important to g_____p every opportunity in our life to improve and strengthen ourselves.
4. This toy store at which my younger brother bought toys often is at a convenient location and is along a bus r_____e.
5. In ancient China, aside from studying, the young would learn to s_____t a bow and arrow to equip themselves with strength.
6. The r_____t of this experiment doesn’t meet what I expect to have. I think I need to re-do it again.
7. We haven’t received Desmond’s f_____m reply to the question we asked him last week, so we don’t know what he wants to do next.
8. Our family has lived in this local c_____y for decades and we really like the environment.
9. Breaking Jude’s favorite cup really makes me q_____y so I decide to buy her a new one.
10. It needs a lot of patience and time when you do c_____n of a complicated math question.
11. My little brother begged Mom’s f_____s for his bad attitude toward her yesterday.
12. Peter’s mom felt r_____ved as soon as she found her son came home safe and sound.
13. It becomes more and more crucial to take good care of e_____y people since population aging has become a serious problem now.
14. Alison has tried to e_____e from school many times since she does not like studying.
15. A horrible disaster took hundreds of lives because a plane c_____hedd into a huge mountain due to a mechanical malfunction.
1. Children _____ what kind of danger will happen, so we have to keep our eye on them and ask them to stay away from strangers and unfamiliar things.
A) smooth the way for B) are on the edge of
C) shoot at D) have a poor grasp of
2. I feel _____ at math class all the time, and that’s why I often nod off in class.
A) boring B) interesting C) bored D) interested
3. Emma turned from a chubby girl _____ a beautiful and slim woman.
A) into B) out C) on D) for
4. I _____ to see her in person, since I have been her followers on Twitter for years
A) won’t wait B) can’t wait C) will wait D) can wait
5. ______, my friends remember my birthday. (2)
A) Much of surprise B) To my surprise
C) Of my surprise D) On my surprise
E) For my surprise E) Much to my surprise
6. Choose the correct ones. (2)
A) This box is too big for me to carry it by myself.
B) The money you gave me as my birthday present was so much to take it.
C) It is too good to be true. (= It is so good that it can be true.)
D) He got so surprised that he couldn’t believe what he was told.
7. Choose the wrong ones. (3)
A) I am so confused that I can answer this question.
B) After I did so, I felt much better.
C) Not only she did it but also her twin sister joined her to do it.
D) I got so nervous to not concentrate on the exam.
8. Choose the correct ones. (3)
A) Please finish it as soon as possible.
B) Tom arrived just as she left.
C) I was feeling tired, as I went to bed early.
D) Sara sounds as like she is got a cold.
E) As your teacher, I have to tell you how to behave.
9. Choose the wrong one
A) This perfume smells really good.
B) She felt my hand and smiled at me.
C) It makes me feel like a fool.
D) This dress looks being good on her.
E) She looks at me nicely.
10. Choose the correct ones. (3)
A) After watching it for ten minutes, she found it boring.
B) I couldn’t find any food eat last night.
C) Mon found my little brother hiding in the tree.
D) This company was found in 1999. (= established)
E) She found this cup filled with milk.
1. 他緊抓著我的手，祈求我的原諒，並試圖告訴我他不再犯同樣的錯。(no longer)
I worked as a newsboy when I was a child. At that time, an impressive thing happened to me. It was a Saturday afternoon. My friend and I felt so 1 that we started to do something __1__, such as throwing stones toward an elderly lady’s house. We didn’t mean to break anything. __2__, one stone I threw __3__ a window of the elderly lady’s house accidently. 4 hearing the breaking sound, we decided to run away without hesitation. I was 5 terrified of being caught __5_ I pretended there wasn’t anything __6 . Few days later, I started to feel guilty about what I did. 7 , I decided to save the money that I made from delivering newspaper to compensate for the lady’s loss. I 8 how much money would 9 the repairing and then saved every penny I made. Then, I put the money and a note that 10 how sorry I am under the elderly lady’s door secretly. Surprisingly, the elderly lady gave me a bag of cookies on the next day. Inside the bag, there was an envelope, including the money I gave her and a short note that 10 , “I am proud of you.”
1. A) boring, boring B) bored, bored C) boring, bored D) bored, boring
2. A) However B) Nevertheless C) Because D) Since
3. A) hitted B) hitting C) hit D) hitten
4. A) Of B) On C) At D) In
5. A) so, that B) too, to C) so, if D) to, to
6. A) happened B) happening C) happens D) to happen
7. A) As a result of B) Result from C) Result in D) As a result
8. A) made B) borrowed C) calculated D) count
9. A) cover B) covering C) include D) including
10. A) talked B) said C) replied D) wrote