高一上 英文 三民版 Unit 3
1. Parents are r_____e for taking care of their children before they grow up.
2. Western capitalist s______y is a democratic political system where people can have their own property.
3. Before Sara went to study abroad, she was an English teacher by p______n.
4. Taking a good long soak in the bath is my favorite way for r______n after a tiring day.
5. This brave policeman r______ued the little boy from a terrible car accident.
6. It’s not my d_____y to solve all the problems you caused. You have to fix it by yourself.
7. Why did you get home in such a r_____h last night? What happened?
8. Eating breakfast with my girlfriend has been my d_____y routine for weeks, and we enjoy that very much.
9. Most kids are r_____t to go to clam schools after they have spent hours studying at school.
10. If any opportunity a_____ses, I would definitely take the chance to work at your company.
11. The salesman shows us different types of cars to see which one can meet our r_____ts.
12. His immature behavior put me in a difficult s_____n and that really pissed me off.
13. I thought he worked hard to get good grades, but in a_____l fact, he cheated on that exam.
14. My family doctor always treats his p_____ts kindly in his clinic, so there are always full of sick people.
15. N______s, it is not easy to look on the bright side when we encounter something bad and depressed since saying is one thing while doing is another.
16. Following traffic rules and waiting in line to buy train or bus tickets are what a citizen should do in a city, which is what we call a c_____l responsibility..
1. It ______ to me that I need to finish this report by tomorrow.
A) occurs B) comes C) thinks D) hits
2. An important thing we need to do at class is ______ attention to the lecture that teachers teach. (2)
A) paying B) to paying C) to pay D) pay
3. My grandparents still remember Taiwan ______ by Japan for decades in 19 century.
A) colonized B) was colonized
C) has been colonized D) had been colonized
4. Jason is such a brave boy that he is not afraid to ______ any challenge in his life.
A) take on B) come across C) rely on D) walk away
5. Judy ______ TV when I _____. While she ______ into the kitchen, her mom ______ her to do her homework.
A) watched, arrived, was walking, asked B) was watching, arrived, was walking, asked
C) was watching, arrived, walked, asked D) watched, was arriving, was walking, asked
6. Choose the right ones. (2)
A) Though she worked very hard, but her boss still disliked her.
B) Even though the test was very simple, he still failed it.
C) Though Zara doesn’t have a good look, many people like her.
D) Even if she is pretty smart, but her attitude toward other people is bad.
E) Even though it is expensive, but Tom bought it without thinking.
7. Choose the right ones. (3)
A) A mature adult is responsible for everything he/she does.
B) Parents are naturally responsible to their children.
C) My department is directly responsible to the CEO the company.
D) They changed their behavior in response for external pressures.
E) She calmly responded to the unfriendly remarks.
8. Choose the wrong one.
A) I haven’t seen her since 2009.
B) Since we are going to run out of money, we can’t afford this fancy car.
C) We haven’t seen each other since we had broken up.
D) Since you can’t keep my secret, I would not tell you anything.
9. Choose the right ones. (3)
A) Don’t blame me if you forget to bring this important file.
B) The owner of this company said that she would take the blame on if anything went wrong.
C) Sam blames his mistake on his coworker.
D) John blames his wife on his son’s rude attitude.
E) The government put the blame for the campaign on their citizens’ illegal behaviors.
10. Choose the wrong one.
A) They decided to play basketball instead of playing badminton.
B) I did not go to watch a movie with my boyfriend last night. I went to see my parents instead.
C) When seeing the elderly lady fall down, he didn’t give her a hand. Instead of, he walked away.
D) I thought my friend would help me. Instead, my ex-girlfriend offered me a job when I needed it.
11. Choose the wrong ones. (2)
A)At the riverbank, the campers started a fire.
B) The roof of that factory was on fire.
C) The arsonist set fire to a whole row of motorcycles last night.
D) Tablecloths and curtains in a house could easily develop a fire.
E) The fire fighters have tried very hard to put off forest fires.
12. My best friend, Sean, ______ to my rescue when I found I forgot to bring my wallet with me after I finished my lunch at a restaurant.
A) came B) went C) hurried D) forwarded
13. Choose the wrong ones. (2)
A)My supervisor blamed me for my coming late for work.
B) Don’t blame our own mistake on others.
C) People blame the extreme weather on the forest fire.
D) People will blame the forest fire on the extreme weather.
E) To a certain extent, Yuki is to blame on what happened to us.
14. The box given by Zeus _____ Pandora’s curiosity.
A) rose B) raised C) arose D) aroused
15. Among the team members, serious conflicts _____ often.
A) rose B) raised C) arose D) aroused
There are two basic kinds of responsibility all citizens have to _1_ to make our society a better place. One is related to what we have learned to do, such as our job. People in different 2_ could do things other people might not be unfamiliar with. The other kind is _3_ action and help somebody in need, _4_ it might not be our duty to do it. Take Mike Collins for example. He was a vet whose duty is to take good care of animals. One day, he _5_ a house that was on fire on his way home. He would not _6_ doing nothing _7_ he was not a firefighter or a doctor. _8_, he was so willing to help people that he rushed to help move the patients onto the ambulances. __9__ ignoring those people in need on that day, he stood up for helping them. Next time when this type of situation does _10_, we can choose to sit on our hands , or we can stand up and do something for them, just like Mike did.
1. A) take on B) stand out C) tolerate with D) accept on
2. A) profession B) professions C) specialty D) specialties
3. A) taking B) to taking C) to take D) take
4. A) even if B) even better C) even worse D) even though
5. A) came across B) came by C) came after D) came along
6. A) be blamed on B) be blamed for
C) blame himself on D) blame himself for
7. A) although B) because of C) since D) but
8. A) Since B) Nevertheless C) Even though D) But
9. A) Instead of B) instead for C) Instead D) instead that
10. A) come B) go C) take D) occur