高一下英文 三民版 Unit 3
1. Our teacher encouraged us to always think c_____ely during art class. Instead of copying her works, she wanted us to express our own style.
2. My sister’s school p_____des students with many opportunities to study abroad. There are a lot of different projects that students can apply for.
3. Lucy just moved to a remote city for her new chapter of life. To pay her house rent, she needs a job now d_____ely.
4. My brother got lost on his way to the new school. F_____ely, a kind lady walked by and stopped to help him.
5. Mr. Donald didn’t want fancy and luxurious cars. All he asked for is an a_____e and common one.
6. Randy came up with an u_____l way to solve the problem, which impressed everyone in class because no one has ever done that before.
7. My cousin’s c_____y is now recruiting new employees in marketing department. I think I should go have an interview and give it a try.
8. The teacher initiated a p_____m to take care of students who cannot afford lunch at school. Her kind action has won countless compliments.
9. Linda has been a professional musician for more than five years. C_____red with her, my skill is really poor since I am just an amateur.
10. The new desk in my room is made of s_____l. Although it’s not as beautiful as wooden one, my father thought it should be strong enough to stand there for years.
11. The convenient traffic is one of the b_____ts of living in big cities. Perhaps the environment is cleaner in countries, but the city life is more efficient.
12. A lot of customers told the CEO of the company that there aren’t a_____e customer service people dealing with their complaints.
13. Smart phones has become an inevitable part of human lives in r_____t years. A lot of people now seldom watch televisions or listening to radios.
14. My parents taught me to think for s_____ns to problems at first, but not directly ask for help without tying.
15. Apple Inc. is going to l_____h another new model next month. The fans around the world are excited for the news.
16. My father used to work at p_____ts for many years. He dealt with problems of shipping boats and vessels all the time.
1. The Korean movie, Parasite (寄生上流), is _____ a dark horse in Oscar 2020. No one expected a foreign film to win the Best Picture.
A) referred to B) referred to be C) referred to as D) referred as to be
2 Employees in this company have to work for _____ two years to be qualified to apply for annual leave.
A) at last B) at least C) at less D) at the least
3. Nancy came _____ a new way to interpret the codes and it worked. The whole team depended on her new idea.
A) up to B) up with C) up about D) up of
4. This cabinet was said to be made _____ some kind of rare oak planted in Canada. Therefore, the price of it is pretty high.
A) from B) with C) of D) to
5. No matter _____ came to talk, the King refused to change his mind on the declaration of the war with the neighboring country.
A) which one that B) who else C) whoever D) who
6. No matter _____ student cheats on exams, the school will equally punish him or her for such misbehavior.
A) who B) which C) of what D) of whom
7. Daron’s mother tried to promise him that he would be loved no matter _____ he goes because he has such a kind heart.
A) wherever B) where C) whichever place D) whatever place
8. Gigi is the new girl in the yoga class. _____ other students, there are a lot of skills which she cannot do easily.
A) In compared to B) Comparing to C) Compared with D) Compared as
9. Choose correct ones (2)
A)Joining clubs at school not only can help students learn more extra curriculum techniques but also can offer them opportunities to meet new friends.
B) Joining clubs at school not only helps students learn more extra curriculum techniques but also offers them opportunities to meet new friends.
C) Joining clubs at school can not only help students learn more extra curriculum techniques but offer them opportunities to meet new friends.
D) Joining clubs at school can not only help students learn more extra curriculum techniques but can also offer them opportunities to meet new friends.
10. Choose correct one.
A) Our teacher said the meal prepared was spicy for most students, especially for those from Europe because they are not used to foods that hot.
B) Our teacher said the meal prepared was spicy for most students, especial for those from Europe because they are not used to foods that hot.
C) Our teacher said the meal prepared was spicy for most students, especially those from Europe since they are not used to foods that hot.
D) Our teacher said the meal prepared was spicy for most students, especially those students from Europe owing to they are not used to foods that hot.
11. Choose correct one.
A) Anita decided to take a gap year before entering college. No matter who can’t make her change her decision.
B) It is said that Lydia was bullied when she was in elementary school. No matter who asks, she never revealed the truth.
C) Harold was accused of having stolen the candy from the grocery store because no matter when did it happen, he didn’t have an alibi.
D) No matter which flower you choose, your husband still buy the whole bouquet for you.
12. Choose the WRONG one.
A) With this new smart watch, not only can we record our body condition when working out, but we can also check the messages easily.
B) The new restaurant not only offers discount for the residents nearby, it also gives out many special meals for foreign customers.
C) Amy has finished not only math homework but social study report for next week. She was really productive.
D) After watching the horror movie, not only dare Jackie not sleep alone, but she won’t go outside at night.
3. 這位整形醫師(plastic surgeon)上個月推行一些新方案，可以讓客戶省下至少兩萬元。這個城市的其他地方，現在也開始有診所做類似的事。
There will be countless problems coming out in our lives. In order to solve them, sometimes we need to let our imagination __1__. A perfect example of thinking __2__ is in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The city is so popular that it becomes very crowded. __3__, the price of the house __4__, too. For people like students, who __5__ afford expensive rental, they would need help from the government. The authorities then came up with a new solution. They recycled the old shipping containers, and __6__ them into houses. Such decision not only provided students __7__ low-cost habitats, but it also __8__ the environmental issue because problems __9__ became quite serious. This win-win situation is a great example that encourages us to think __10__ the box when encountering with problems.
1. A) run in wild B) run wildly C) run wild D) run with wilderness
2. A) in creative B) creativity C) creatively D) with creative
3. A) However B) Fortunately C) As a matter of fact D) In other words
4. A) raises B) arouses C) arises D) rises
5. A) can B) cannot C) could D) X
6. A) transfer B) turned C) converting D) transforms
8. A) tackled with B) coped into C) dealt with D) processed on
9. A) causing B) caused C) cause D) to cause
10. A) outside B) outside of C) out of D) out