文法 – 形容詞子句(關係子句) (1)
who – 用來修飾人，受格是whom，所有格是whose。
which – 用來修飾事與物，受格是which，所有格是whose。
that – 用來修飾人、事、物都可以。受格是that，沒有所有格。
what –是包括先行詞的關係代名詞(= the thing which)，用來修飾事與物。
- The man who is standing there is our English teacher.
主要子句： the man is our English teacher
形容詞子句： who is standing there
- Kitty wanted to make friends with Sylvia who came to our school this semester.
主要子句： Kitty wanted to make friends with Sylvia
形容詞子句： who came to our school this semester
- I had a meeting with a lady who was a famous movie star before.
主要子句： I had a meeting with a lady
形容詞子句： who was a famous movie start before
- That is the girl whom we met at Bill’s birthday party.
主要子句： that is the girl
形容詞子句： whom we met at Bill’s birthday party
- In order not to get into any trouble in school, Maurice stays away from most of his friends whom he has been fooling around with.
主要子句： Maurice stays away from most of his friends
形容詞子句： whom he has been fooling around with
whom是形容詞子句中be fooling around with的受詞
- My mom received a call from a person whose name was Kim.
主要子句： my mom received a call from a person
形容詞子句： whose name was Kim
- People should respect their teachers whose responsibilities are to educate students and keep them safe in school.
主要子句： people should respect their teachers
形容詞子句： whose responsibilities are to educate students and
keep them safe in school