文法–形容詞子句 (7) 省略關係代名詞
b) 關係代名詞是補語的時候(第9, 17個例子)。
c) 關係代名詞是主詞，後面+ be verb的時候(第10~13, 15, 16個例子)。
d) 關係代名詞是主詞的時候，其後的動作是主動，可將主詞省略，但動詞要變成現在分詞(verb-ing) (第14, 18個例子)。若其後的動作是被動，也可將主詞省略，但動詞要變成過去分詞(p.p.) (第19個例子)。
1) Taipei 101 is the highest building (that) I have ever seen.
2) Kirk was the first person (that) I saw who came to the meeting room.
3) That is the girl (whom) we met at Bill’s birthday party.
4) In order not to get into any trouble in school, Maurice stays away from most of his friends (whom) he has been fooling around with.
5) Brad bought an iPhone (which) I had been desperate to buy.
6) The man (whom) I talked with was my brother-in-law.
7) The music (which) I listened to was composed by Kim.
8) The music to which I listened was composed by Kim.
9) My older brother is not the kind person (that) he used to be twenty years ago.
10) The boy (who is) sitting next to Flora is Peter
11) The pictures (which were) taken by my sister were very beautiful.
12) Zack is the man (who is) loyal to his wife.
13) Kennedy is the person (who is) generous to everyone.
14) The student who gave me a call last night was Frank.
= The student giving me a call last night was Frank.
15) This is an exciting story (that is) new to all of us.
16) I saw a man (who is) big and muscular (and is) chopping logs over there.
17) Although he got cured of cancer, he is still a stingy old man (that) he was five years ago.
18) You might hear this information from someone who did not work at IBM.
= You might hear this information from someone not working at IBM.
19) Frank who was caught cheating on the test failed the midterm.
= Frank caught cheating on the test failed the midterm.